Aside from structural issues like the condition of a home’s foundation and roof, a home’s electrical, mechanical, and plumbing (EMP) systems can be the difference between a smart home purchase and a lemon you regret buying. It’s not easy to be sure the plumbing and electrical systems are working properly by sight alone.
- Pinpoint issues
- Address your questions
- Provide you clear direction for next steps
Get started today. Talk with us to schedule an inspection.
Benefits of an Inspection for Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing
Knowing that light switches work, thermostats switch on, and toilets flush is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the condition of a home’s electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
Here’s what you can expect when FEI’s team of expert inspectors and engineers check out your home:
Evaluation of the accessible portions of a home’s electrical system, such as:
- Inspecting the observable portions of the wiring
- Assessing all accessible outlets
- Checking the breaker panels
- Determining the condition of the electrical meter
Evaluation of the accessible portions of a home’s plumbing system, including:
- Inspecting observable plumbing pipes
- Evaluating flow of faucets, toilets, drains—low water pressure, clogs, and related issues
- Testing of proper flow of hot and cold water
- Locating and assessing condition of shut-off valves
- Evaluation of the hot water heater function and installation
- Checking for and reporting evidence of leaks
Evaluation of the accessible portions of a home’s HVAC system, including:
- Evaluating function of all heating and air-conditioning units
- Looking for and recording signs of coolant leaks
- Verifying all access panels are easily opened and closed
We Make EMP Inspections a Breeze
At FEI, we believe you deserve to know everything about a home’s condition before you buy or sell. That’s why we offer complete home inspection services including electrical, mechanical (HVAC), and plumbing inspection services that answer your questions and equip you to make good decisions about your home.
Contact us today to get started.